ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS
FROM THE FAYETTEVILLE MAYOR’S OFFICE
Dear Faith Leaders,
With more and more North Carolinians getting vaccinated, we are able to take significant steps and return to the people and places we love. The new guidance issued May 14 lifts many COVID-19 restrictions, including:
- All mandatory capacity and gathering limits;
- All social distancing requirements; and
- Mandatory mask requirements for most indoor and outdoor settings, excluding public transportation, child care, schools, health care settings like hospitals, doctor’s offices and nursing homes; and in other high risk settings like correctional facilities and homeless shelters
Getting vaccinated (YourSpotYourShot
.nc.gov and Vacunate.nc.gov) is our best way out of the pandemic and to save lives. People who are NOT fully vaccinated should still wear a mask and keep their distance in all indoor public settings.
As we move beyond the 3 Ws in most settings, we are asking everyone across our state to “Vax Up or Mask Up.” Just like you helped us make the 3 Ws a state-wide slogan, we are asking for your help to ensure all North Carolinians are aware.
To help you share this new message, we have created signage and social media and web graphics for Vax Up or Mask Up. We encourage you to:
- Post the signs on doors and in public spaces;
- Share the graphics on your social media accounts; and
- Make your own creative versions of “Vax Up or Mask Up.”
The Vax Up or Mask Up resources are available in English and Spanish and available for download at covid19.ncdhhs.g
Please note that under Executive Order 215, masks are still required to be worn by everyone in certain high-risk public settings and the 3 Ws signs or similar materials can continue to be used in places like child care, schools, health care settings, long-term care settings, and public transportation.
We also have new guidance for public facing businesses and a new fact sheet to help guide you through these changes.
Thank you, as always, for all you do every day to keep our communities safe and informed.
Senior Director for Economic Security
North Carolina State Child Support Director
Division of Social Services, Economic and Family Services, Child Support Services
NC Department of Health and Human Services
Help protect your family and neighbors from COVID-19.
Know the 3 Ws. Wear. Wait. Wash.
#StayStrongNC and get the latest at nc.gov/covid19.